Have you just upgraded to a new iPhone, the iPhone 14? Also, you’ll need a way to get all your old info onto your new iPhone 14. The ease with which you can move data from one iPhone to another is only one of many benefits of iPhone ownership. The iPhone migration function makes it easy to migrate all your data to a new iPhone, regardless of when you purchased it.
However, problems with the migration procedure are possible. If your iPhone migration fails and you need help figuring out why try the tips bellowed to fix the transfer directly from iPhone not working problem.
How Do I Transfer Everything From My Old iPhone To My New iPhone?
You can use Quick Start to transfer data from an old iPhone to a new iPhone. Quick Start uses both devices simultaneously, so schedule it at a time when you will only need one for a while.
- Activate Bluetooth and ensure your phone is online and linked to a wireless network. Start the new gadget and set it down next to the old one. To begin, just stick to the on-screen prompts. If your current device no longer allows you to connect to your new one, try restarting both.
- Establish a wireless network or activate cellular data on your mobile device.
- You may need to activate your phone network.
- Put in a fingerprint or Face ID.
- Pick the method of data transmission that best suits your needs.
With iCloud, you can start using your new phone immediately as your applications and data are automatically downloaded in the background.
You will need to wait until the transfer is complete on both devices if you want to transfer straight from your old device.
Make sure all of your gadgets are charged and close together while you wait for the data transfer to complete. Both network conditions and the quantity of data sent might affect the total transfer time.
Why Is Transfer Directly From iPhone Not Working
Suppose you have a new iPhone 13/12/Pro Max and tried using Quick Start to transfer your data immediately. You may transfer from your old iPhone to your new iPhone but can’t; then, you should investigate the underlying problems. What may go wrong with an iPhone transfer to a new device?
- The distance between the two gadgets is too great for mutual detection.
- The two Apple devices cannot communicate properly.
- The direct transmission is delayed or fails because of an unreliable network connection.
- If you’re not using iOS 11, your iPhone runs an older version of Apple’s mobile operating system.
- Data transmission freezes or fails altogether when the iPhone’s battery is low.
Tips On How To Fix Transfer Directly From iPhone Not Working
Understanding this should help you avoid the transfer directly from iPhone not working problem in the future. The following are some potential approaches to taking care of the issue.
For Quick Start data transfer between iPhones, Bluetooth must be active on both devices. If you’re not sure how to activate Bluetooth on your iPhone, we’ve laid out the procedure for you below.
- Open the iPhone’s Settings.
- If you have an iPhone, you can reach the Control Center by sliding from the top of the screen. However, slide up from the bottom line of the iPhone screen to do this before the iPhone 8.
- Toggle Bluetooth on
- You need to activate the Bluetooth feature.
Maintain an Up-to-Date Version of the iOS
Your previous iPhone’s iOS version can’t be greater than the one installed on your new one. So, if you want to ensure your iPhone is running the most recent version of iOS, read on.
The steps for updating an iPhone are shown below.
To change the iPhone’s general settings, go to the Settings menu and then hit General.
Choose Software Update on the General tab, then wait for the iPhone to scan for software updates.
Update your iPhone’s operating system to the most recent version if one is available by downloading and installing the update.
Put the Phones on Charge.
It’s not a good idea to attempt an iPhone transfer when your power is low since it might take longer than planned. One of the iPhones cannot go off during the transfer process without disrupting the whole procedure. To avoid this, make sure your iPhones are charged during the swap.
How to Use MobileTrans to Transfer Directly from iPhone?
Go to the official site and get the MobileTrans program for your Mac or Windows PC.
Download it, throw it in your computer’s installation folder, and run it. Then, pick Phone Transfer > Phone to Phone from the Home screen.
Use the appropriate USB connection to link your two iPhones to your computer, and then let MobileTrans find them. The next step is to flip your two iPhones over using the Switch button at the top of the screen.
Check the boxes next to the items you want to share between the two iPhones. Then, start the Transfer procedure by clicking the Start option.
Keep patiently waiting for the data transmission to finish. Once the transfer is complete, you may check the new iPhone for the information you just copied over.
How To Transfer Everything From Iphone To Iphone Without Icloud?
There’s no better time than now to figure out how to move data from one iPhone to another without using iCloud. If you look into the different transfer modes in detail, you will find that more techniques and resources are made accessible on the online system. Finding a reliable procedure that won’t cause any data loss throughout the transfer is difficult.
Transferring information from an old iPhone to a new one is simpler when an iTunes backup is used. Transferring your data will be a breeze if you stick to these steps.
- Plug the USB cord into your computer and your old iPhone.
- Start up iTunes on your PC and choose your gadget from the drop-down menu. Then, choose the option to automatically or manually back up your iPhone to iTunes.
- After you’ve finished backing up your phone, you may disconnect it.
- Start up your latest phone and go to the Settings menu, where you’ll find the Apps and Data section. The option to restore from an iTunes backup will be among the list of options.
- Just start iTunes on the computer and sync the new iPhone to it. Locate your new gadget on the iTunes interface and click the Restore Backup button.
- Using iTunes, your old iPhone’s backup data will transfer to your new iPhone. You have to hold off doing anything until the transfer is complete.
Why Does Transferring Data To A New iPhone Take So Long?
Wi-Fi is used to complete the procedure. Therefore, a strong and reliable network is essential to effectively move the data to your new iPhone. It will take more time to finish the procedure if the mentioned is not included. The transfer time will increase if more data has to be sent. When utilizing Apple’s recommended methods, it may take 45 minutes to an hour for all of your data to move from one iPhone to another.
So we have given a step-by-step guide on moving data from your previous iPhone to your new iPhone. When you have a transfer directly from your iPhone not working, try our tips to fix your problem.