Animal cells removed from their tissues or organs are carried out in an aseptic laboratory under ambient conditions, and this method is called Animal Cell Culture. It is one of the most important mechanisms for biomedical and clinical research.
What Are The Applications Of The Animal Cell Project?
The article will shed light on ten applications of animal cell culture.
1- Model System:
A model system uses for analyzing basic cell biology and biochemistry, investigating the synergy between cells and disease-causing factors such as bacteria, and viruses, researching the consequences of drugs, investigating the aging process, and also used to analyze its triggers of aging.
2- Cancer Research:
The primitive difference between a normal cell and a cancer cell was analyzed using the procedure of animal cell culture because both cells are made in the laboratory. That’s possible to transform normal cells into cancer cells using radiation, chemicals, and viruses. Thus, the process and causes of cancer will analyze.
Virology via reproduction rather than animal viruses for vaccine production cell culture is used. Cell culture is used to expose and isolate viruses, as well as to study the expansion and evolutionary cycle of viruses.
4- Toxicity Testing:
To analyze the results of new drugs, cosmetics, and chemicals on the continuity and growth of several cell types. Especially liver and kidney cells.
5- Vaccine Production:
Culture animal cells use to produce viruses and these viruses use to produce vaccines.
6- Genetically Engineered Protein:
In Animal Cell Project we study that Animal cell cultures use to produce economically important genetically engineered proteins such as monoclonal antibodies, insulin, and hormones.
7- Tissue Or Organ Replacement:
Possible to use Animal cells as a tissue or organ replacement. For example, artificial skin makes this technique to treat patients with burns and ulcers. Although research is done on artificial organs such as kidneys, liver, and pancreas.
8- Genetic Engineering:
Bypass the idea of reprogramming genes to make new proteins.
9- Gene Therapy:
Cultured animal cells genetically modify and use in gene therapy techniques.
10- Stem Cell Therapy:
By Animal Cell Model we will easily understand standards about Animal cell cultures of stem cells, particularly mesenchymal and hematopoietic stem cells, which use for stem cell therapy applications and stem cell research.
What Are The Applications Of Animal Cell Culture In A Pharmaceutical Company?
There are some applications of Animal Cell Project materials that use in the medical field. Here the following are applications of animal cell culture in pharmaceutical companies.
- In Vitro Cell Exposure Study for Nanoparticle To Toxicity Assessment in Lung__a Dialogue between AEROSOL Science and Biology.
- ZnO particles require cellular contractility for toxicity in human colon cancer cells.
- An Effect of aggregation of gold nanoparticles on cellular uptake and toxicity.
- Effect of silver nanoparticles on prostate cancer cells; a comparative study of roads and spheres.
- Oxidative and cytotoxicity stress induced by various metal nanoparticles on human kidney cells.
- Cytotoxicity induced by artificial silver Nano crystallites is dependent on surface coatings and cell types.
- Vitamin E TPGS-coated liposomes increased cellular uptake and cytotoxicity of docetaxel in brain cancer cells.
- Poly (2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate) nanoparticles containing curcumin from gel ionic liquid in vitro cytotoxicity and anticancer activity in SKOV-3 cells.
- Toxicity of copper oxide nanoparticles in pulmonary epithelial cells exposed at the air-liquid interface compared to in vivo evaluation.
- Transcytosis and cellular uptake of lipid-based nanoparticles across the intestinal barrier, relevance for oral drug delivery.
What Are The Advantages Of Animal Cell Culture?
- The physicochemical environment in the culture, such as pH, osmolality, and dissolved gas levels, can properly control in an in vitro system.
- Physical conditions such as hormone and nutrient levels in the cell culture can control.
- Possibility to control the microenvironment of cells in culture, such as matrix regulation, cell interactions, and cell-substrate attachment.
- The technique of cell culture allows us to maintain cell homogeneity by using selective media.
- Cells in culture can easily characterize by cytological or immune staining techniques.
- The technique of cell culture may use for in vitro cytotoxicity studies to test the possible toxicity of compounds or drugs.
- Producing monoclonal antibodies using hybridoma technology is done by Cell culture.
- Using a molecular process, primary cells can transfer and then subculture for unlimited passages.
- Most of the molecular pathways that take place inside the cell have been purified using the cell culture process.
How Are Animal Cell Cultures Use In Medical Research?
Essentially, cell culture uses to recognize elementary changes that occur in cells and tissues when testing for the disease. The same systems can also use to determine whether the cells or tissues under study are responding to drugs or other treatments.
Putting regenerative medicine into practice is done by Cell culture. Regenerative medicine uses cells as therapeutic agents for medical treatments aimed at restoring, repairing, or shaping a healthy body part and function, as well as disease prevention.
Conclusion: In Animal Cell Project we have discussed that Animal cell culture is a process in which tissues and cells artificially grow in a suitable environment. It has many applications in human life.
Read more articles: