Solar panels provide an environmentally friendly and efficient supply of electricity to homes and businesses. To keep this flow going, get your solar panels cleaned regularly. With the solar panel cleaning costs so low, there’s no excuse not to! As cleaning is necessary, Everyone wonders how much does solar panel cleaning service costs and starts worrying. But, you don’t need to worry as it doesn’t cost too much.
How Much Does it Cost to Clean and Maintain Solar Panels?
You have your car serviced every year. Should you need to hire someone for cleaning your solar panel system every year? The amount of dirt affects the performance of solar panels, and you should clean them. Suppliers to the solar panel cleaning service industry often minimize the maintenance requirement and exclude it entirely from a business case. This article gives you an idea and complete guide of what is needed.
Why Should I Have My Solar Panels Cleaned?
Solar panels are the latest technology that is worth investing in. It has many benefits. So, the maintenance and cleaning of Solar Panels are also necessary. Solar panel cleaning service will improve the performance of your panels and increase their lifespan. Left uncleaned, road dust and grime, salt spray, and bird or bat droppings can damage solar panels, making them less efficient.
How Much Does it Cost to Clean and Maintain Solar Panels?
Solar panel cleaning service costs between $10 and $22 per panel. The total cost of cleaning the solar panel will be affected by several factors listed below:
- The most considerable influence on the price is whether your solar panels are on the ground or on the upper floor, are ring solar panels, or small solar panels, or mini solar panels.
- The taller the panels, the more expensive they will be to clean.
- To clean a bench of 40 solar panels on the ground floor, the cost will start at $120.
- To clean the same bank of solar panels (40) above a floor, the average cost of cleaning solar panels drops to $270.
- Whether you need Solar Panel Cleaning Services for Residential or you need for business.
Professional solar panel cleaners get well training. So, they act well and work at heights. The price difference of a professional solar panel cleaning service covers both the equipment and the training needed to safely clean the above-ground solar panels.
Before you book a solar panel cleaner, ask for their Best Solar Panel Cleaning Service price list. So, you can compare quotes. And understand precisely what you are being charged.
Solar Panel Cleaning Service: Maintenance Factors
Experienced electricians install Good quality power solar systems. Hence, professionals can operate with low maintenance throughout their lifecycle. However, as with any active electrical system, a qualified electrician should periodically inspect system components to ensure that:
- The system is maintained & operated as intended.
- No factors prevent or affect performance.
- All components are operating safely and are not likely to break down or damage the site.
How Often do Solar Panels Need to be Professionally Cleaned?
Experts recommend cleaning solar panels every 6 months. It is imperative to clean the panels if you find that the average energy production levels are dropping.
Should I Pay Someone to Clean My Panels?
Cleaning the solar panels is a specialized job, mainly if the solar panels are located in inaccessible places, such as the house’s roof.
It is best and recommended that you hire a professional solar panel cleaning service to clean the solar panels. Professional trainers work on height and have all the appropriate safety equipment to do the job.
Tips to consider
If you are confident that you can safely access the roof (or another location of your solar panels). And can do the cleaning yourself, here are some tips to consider:
- Turn off the system before starting to clean. If you do not know how to shut down the solar panel system, refer to the instruction manual for instructions.
- Stop if you notice damaged wiring and report it immediately. Solar panel wiring on the roof will always be live and present a potential high voltage hazard, so be extremely careful when working around the wiring.
- Use specialized solar panel cleaning equipment. Invest in panel cleaning equipment. Specially designed solar panels can help extend the life of solar panels. A solar panel cleaning kit usually includes biodegradable soap, a long-handled brush, and a solar panel wiper.
- If possible, clean the solar panels off the ground to avoid having to work on the roof. It is always safer to avoid working at heights if it is practically possible. If you are not trained to work at heights or if you do not have the proper safety equipment. Then do not try to clean the solar panels on the roof.
- Clean early in the morning or late at night in spring and summer. You want to avoid the hours of the day when the panels are hot from the sun. Cleaning the panels when they are cool means you can avoid the water spots that occur when water evaporates quickly on a hot surface.
How Long Should Cleaning the Solar Panels Take?
The total time required to clean the solar panels depends on the
- location of the solar panels
- The number of solar panels requires cleaning.
Small area and downstairs can take about half an hour to clean up cleaning. Larger solar panel batteries or those mounted above the ground floor (on rooftops, for example) can take up to 12 hours to clean.
Commercial Solar Panel Cleaning
Many solar panel cleaning companies out there can help you with many different kinds of solar panel cleaning services available.
- Solar panel cleaning business service
- Solar Panel Cleaning Services for Residential
They advertise themselves commercially for ads on television or banners. Therefore, you can find these cleaning services quickly without any hassle. Choose a solar panel cleaning service company sensibly.