Those students who practice “work-study” the principles of working during college studies sustain the position of achievers in life.
Its generally seen that students who are studying in universities need to work-study. It could be part-time or full-time depending upon the hours allowed to the students by their university. The incredibly first place to start work-study from the university campus departments.
Work-Study for students personal coverage
A popular and adding-value department is the teaching job, where students study, then teach their fellows. There are several advantages as well as drawbacks if they work-study somewhere external. The fundamental reason for students to work is to pay for:
- Regular expenses.
- Financial support to the family, and
- To gain worthful experience.
Choosing the right place to work or not depends on the students’ flexibility requirement. At times students are forced to work in a place where they have no personal interest yet, the students work due to higher pay. On the other hand, selecting the career pathway during studies is much worth it, even if, the students are being paid less during the moment.
Education and Employment Researchers name Daniel Douglas is teaching educational studies and research methods through work-study. Daniel, who is working as a visiting assistant professor at Trinity College, says, “the more you work during your first year of college, the more you earn after college.”
There are many essential points that Professor Douglas points out:
- If the students are doing work-study, they are gaining strength skills. These skills are significant for the actual employers, for example, showing up for eight hours daily.
- Following the instructions of the managers and delivering remarkably worthwhile work targets.
- Those students who try to balance work-study are deemed to be placed at a higher earning position in the future.
The reason is much clear that these students have a better experience on the resume and have knowledge of building a strong network.